EV Charger and Installation Rebates
Electric Vehicle Charger and Installation Rebates
Electric Vehicle Charger Rebates
The City of Lodi offers rebates for the installation and purchase of Level 2 electric vehicle chargers.
We are currently offering the following rebates:
|Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger (Residential)|
|Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger (Commercial)|
|Electrical Vehicle Charger Installation (Residential)|
|Electrical Vehicle Charger Installation (Commercial)|
- Rebate Guidelines
- Documents You'll Need
- Apply For Your Rebate
- Terms and Conditions
- EV Charging Rate
- EV Meter Submittal Checklist
- See EV Meter Submittal Checklist. Complete checklist.
- Contact the City of Lodi’s building department (209-333-6714) for permit requirements. Or, click here for Construction Permit Application (PDF). And, click here for Checklist for Expedited Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permit (PDF).
- Commercial installations require a Construction Permit Application. The Checklist for Expedited Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permit does not apply.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than 180 days after the purchase of the Level 2 charger.
- This program has a limited budget. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, until funds are depleted.
- The level 2 charger must be installed at the residential dwelling unit or commercial location receiving electric power from Lodi Electric Utility.
- Qualifying Level 2 (240-volt) charger must be: new and unused;certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL Listed); ETL Listed; or approved by the City of Lodi Building Department. Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims, or new parts installed in existing units are not eligible for rebates under this program. The Level 2 charger must be wall-mounted and installed by a licensed contractor.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected. Applications must include all required information.
13.20.325 - Schedule EV—Electric vehicle charging service.
A. Applicability. This schedule is applicable to single-phase electric vehicle charging service in single-family and multi-family dwellings separately metered by the city.
Customer Charge ..... $3.00
|EV Charging period (per kWh)||Schedule EA|
Tier 1 - $0.1428 / kWh
|Non-EV Charging period (per kWh)||Schedule EA|
Tier 3 - $0.3366 / kWh
C. Energy Cost Adjustment (ECA). An energy cost adjustment shall be included in each bill for service as provided in Section 13.20.180 Schedule ECA—Energy cost adjustment.
D. Billing Cycle Charge (Monthly Bill). The billing cycle charge is the sum of the customer charge, the energy charge and the ECA.
E. Definition of Time Periods:
Times of the day are defined as follows:
EV Charging period: 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday (and all day weekends and holidays).
Non-EV Charging period: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding weekends and holidays).
(Ord. No. 1941, § 1, 5-3-2017)
Electric Vehicle Meter Submittal Checklist (PDF): Please note. You must be pre-approved for a new EV Meter installation. Follow the instructions on this application before applying for your building/meter permit. A pre-inspection by LEU Engineering staff is required when a separate meter is installed for an EV charging station.