The City Manager is the administrative head of the City government. He is appointed by the City Council to enforce City laws and to direct the daily operations of City government. The City Manager's Office provides overall management and coordination of the City of Lodi municipal corporation, implements City Council policy directives, and directly oversees the general administrative functions of the City including Financial Services, Budget and Treasury, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Economic Development.
The success of very large cities is well documented, as is the challenge of small town America. Lodi, a mid-sized city has the potential to participate in an inclusive economic future that bridges the large-small divide. The Economic Development function seeks to retain and expand existing businesses, form partnerships with Lodi's business, tourism, workforce, and citizen-serving organization, and attract new business to achieve an economically sustainable Lodi in the years to come.
- Attend all City Council meetings
- Coordinate communications to the public
- Coordinate surveys and performance measures
- Explore new revenue sources to include business attractions, grants, and fees
- Oversee all Executive Management
- Partner with Lodi Unified School District to support/encourage ongoing joint facilities use
- Promote and coordinate special events
- Review and approve all City Council meeting agendas and making policy recommendations to the City Council