Water restrictions in effect are:
- Outdoor watering is allowed three days a week:
- Premises having odd numbered street addresses on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Premises having even numbered street addresses on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- No watering will be allowed by any addresses on Monday.
- Outdoor watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. is prohibited.
- Watering of lawns or landscapes during or within 48 hours following a measurable rain is prohibited.
- Repairing a controllable leak of water or to correct or repair overspray, low head drainage, leaks or excessive watering amounts from irrigation system or landscape watering within 72 hours is required.
- Washing of sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, tennis courts, patios, streets, or other exterior paved areas or buildings except when required to remove any spillage of substances that may be a danger to public health or safety, is prohibited.
- Washing with water any motor vehicles, trailers, or movable equipment other than with a bucket and rinsing the vehicle or equipment by use of a hose for not more than three minutes is prohibited.
- Use of a hose without a positive shut off nozzle is prohibited.
- The excess watering of any area so that water flows into a gutter or any drainage area is prohibited.
- The unnecessary running of water in any residential, commercial, or industrial establishment onto the floor, pavement, ground, or into any drain or drainage area, with any equipment or in any way is prohibited.
- Operation of a water fountain or other decorative water feature that does not use re-circulated water is prohibited.
Water Saving Tips & Other Water Conservation Program Information
1. Before washing down paved areas for public health or safety (see Number 5 previously listed) or for any special circumstances call the Water Conservation Office at 209-333-6829 for prior approval.
2. If you need extra watering due to fertilizer application or for new turf/seeding, please first notify the Water Conservation Office at 209-333-6829.
3. For lawns with a run-off problem, apply water for a short period of time and then allow enough time for it to soak in before turning the water back on, for example; 5 minutes on, 20 minutes off, 5 minutes on. This will increase the amount of water being absorbed and decrease the amount of water running into the gutter. Consult landscapers/gardeners/nurseries for improving your lawns water absorbing capacity and for other ideas.
4. During and following rain it is not necessary to water lawns and landscaping, and normally from November 1 through February 28, one watering per week or less is more than enough.
5. Regularly replace your back-up batteries in your automatic sprinkler controls to prevent excess watering due to power failures or interruptions.