Lucas Computer Learning Center
Thanks to a generous donation from Amy and Linda Lucas,the Lucas Computer Learning Center (CLC) offers free computer classes taught by volunteers, as well the opportunity for job seekers to come in and job search. The Lucas Computer Learning Center boasts 15 Windows laptops with various programs like Microsoft Office 2013, Ultimate Typing 2014, and a beautiful 80-inch screen for class instruction.
- Computer Basics
Fundamentals of the computer, the Internet, and email
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
Creating, storing, and sharing files online
- Microsoft Excel
Creating, editing, and using Excel spreadsheets and charts
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Creating and presenting a PowerPoint slideshow
- Microsoft Word
Creating and editing various types of word documents
- Specialty classes
Specific techniques that expand on the fundamental skills taught in other classes
- Windows 10 Essentials
Beyond the basics in your Windows 10 computer
Printable Computer Classes Schedule (PDF): November 2019, December 2019
In addition to our classes, we also offer:
- General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and U.S. Citizenship preparation
Online study material and practice exams
- Job hunting and resumé building
Online job search resources and résumé assistance
- Our classes vary from one to four days each. A daily session usually runs about 2 to 3 hours.
- Unless otherwise stated, you need to register in advance for any class.
- If you have registered for a class but cannot attend, please let us know as a courtesy to the instructor and to release your reserved seat.
- The published dates and times for any class are subject to change. You will be notified if your class is rescheduled.
- Be sure to get a copy of our guide for new students, Computer Classes in the CLC, at the coach's desk.
Visit the CLC for more information. Our hours may vary according to the availability of volunteer staff and our schedule of computer classes. For more information, call 209-333-5554, or email our staff.