Thanks to a generous donation from Amy and Linda Lucas the Lucas Computer
Learning Center offers free computer classes taught by volunteers, as well the
opportunity for job seekers to come in and job search. The Lucas Computer
Learning Center boasts 15 Windows laptops with various programs like
Microsoft Office 2013, Ultimate Typing 2014, and a beautiful 80 inch screen for
A brief description of our current classes…
- Computer Basics – Fundamentals of the computer, the Internet, and email.
- Windows 10 Essentials - Beyond the basics in your Windows 10 computer
- Microsoft Word – Creating and editing various types of word documents
- Microsoft Excel – Creating, editing, and using Excel spreadsheets and charts
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Creating and presenting a PowerPoint slideshow
- Introduction to Cloud Computing - Creating, storing, and sharing files online
- Specialty classes - Specific techniques that expand on the fundamental skills taught in other classes
In addition to the above:
- JOB HUNTING AND RESUMÉ BUILDING - Online job search resources and
- G.E.D and U.S. CITIZENSHIP PREPARATION - Online study material and
- *Our hours may vary according to the availability of volunteer staff and our
schedule of computer classes.
Printable Computer Class Calendar:
Visit the Computer Learning Center for more information.
333-5554 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Questions
To register for a class or get more information, visit the library or call 333-5554, or e-mail the library.
Please read these important notes:
- Our classes vary from one to three days each. A daily session usually runs about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Unless otherwise stated, you need to register in advance for any class. See contact information above.
- If you have registered for a class but cannot attend, please let us know as a courtesy to the instructor and to release your reserved seat.
- The published dates and times for any class are subject to change. You will be notified if your class is rescheduled.
- Be sure to get a copy of our guide for new students, Computer Classes in the CLC, at the coach's desk, or request it by email.