Support your Library and
Lodi Public Library has a robust volunteer program that helps the library leverage limited resources. Library volunteers play an important role to the community by donating their time to a few of the following:
• Homework Help tutoring – help children with their homework - our greatest need is for more tutors
• Lucas Computer Learning Center – help job seekers complete on line job applications, etc.
• Adult Literacy tutoring - help an adult improve their reading and writing
• Book Processor - prepare newly purchased materials for checkout
• Book shelver – shelve library books
• Program presenter – present a program to the community
• Book mender – repair damaged books
• E-books technology tutoring – teach how to use various E-books to check out
• Friends of the Library – sell used books to support library programs
• Library Foundation – fundraising to support the library
Is the library a place for you to volunteer? Here is a quick guide to see if you will be a good match for volunteering with us:
• Be 16 years or older
• Looking for an on-going opportunity lasting 3 months or more
• Able to commit to an on-going schedule
• Able to pass criminal background check
• Please note: we do not accept court mandated or diversion program volunteers
Groups are encouraged to volunteer – prior arrangements must be made
Other opportunities to volunteer are available as well!
For more information regarding any of the above please call (209) 333-5554
Or email email@example.com
Founded in 1979, the Friends of the Lodi Public Library are dedicated members and volunteers who care about the library and seek to promote its welfare.
Friends support programs in the Lodi Public Library for children, teens, adults, library staff, and the greater Lodi community through fundraising activities and the Friends Bookstore located in the library.
The Friends Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm in the library. The meetings are open to all members and to the public.
Become a Friends member!
Complete the application found here. Applications and dues can be brought to the Friends Bookstore or mailed to: Friends of the Lodi Public Library, PO Box 703, Lodi, CA 95241.
Friends of the Lodi Public Library
Amazon Wishlist List
Book donations can be purchased for us directly through our Amazon.Com Wish List.
Suggest a Purchase
The Lodi Public Library encourages patrons to suggest a purchase for the library collection. Simply provide the Reference Librarians with the title and author of the book you would like to see in the library collection. You may give the Reference Librarians your library card to contact you if the book is added to the collection. After reviewing the title’s reviews and availability, the Reference Librarian in charge of the particular collection (Adult, Teen, Children) will make the decision about adding it to the library’s collection.